Did you know that the Breitling Montbrillant Datora watch today was actually created to celebrate the Datora bestseller in the 1940s? I stumbled upon this interesting on the Breitling website and it sparked my interest in this unique Breitling watch with the unusual name.
The Breitling Montbrillant Datora is special because it shows its date in a very distinctive way. The day and the month appear side by side exactly underneath the 12 o’clock marker with a half moon pointer marking the date. Accompanying this exclusive feature is a tachometer of 1/100th of an hour indication and a caseback engraved with time zones of major cities.
Other technical specifications:
- Famous Breitling 21 caliber
- Self-winding mechanical movement
- Minimum power reserve of 42 hours
- Powerful Breitling chronograph at 1/5th second, 30 minutes, and 12 hours
- 25 quality jewels
- Appealing case in 18k red gold or steel
- 3 bars of water resistance
- Bidirectional bezel with slide rule
- Non screw locked crown with two gaskets
- Screwed in caseback for maximum durability
- Sapphire and glare proofed crystal
Below is a video from the Breitling Source on YouTube that gives us an up close and personal look at the Breitling Montbrillant Datora in all its glory.