A Closer Look – The Breitling Blackbird Men’s WatchOn September 19, 2008 by breiblog
Breitling Blackbird watches are designed based on Breitling’s flagship model the Chronomat. The Blackbird comes with a black dial only, hence the name. But the Breitling Blackbird watch isn’t black just because of the name; the black also enhances the large hands and oversized luminescent hour-markers.
The Breitling Blackbird watch has a Breitling 44 caliber, a self-winding mechanical movement, power reserve up to a minimum to 42 hours, 1/4th second chronograph, 28 800 vibrations per hour, 38 jewels in a steel and 18k white gold case, water resistance for up to 10000 m… gold 100 m, bidirectional ratcheted bezel, screw-locked crown, screwed in caseback, cambered sapphire crystal which is glare proofed on both sides and it is 43.70 mm in diameter.
This amazing Breitling watch comes in a variety of versions:
- steel case with black dial and pilot bracelet in steel
- steel case with black dial, Diver Pro strap, and tang-type buckle
- steel case with black dial, Leather strap, and tang-type buckle
- steel case, black dial, Ocean Racer strap, Ocean Racer clasp
- limited edition selfwinding chronograph with 18k white gold case, black dial, and 18k white gold Pilot bracelet