Breitling Emergeny Watch – Rescue 911?On August 27, 2008 by breiblog
I stumbled upon an interesting post today on J.R. Dunn’s Jewelry Blog. The post discusses that Bear Grylls from Man VS. Wild wears a Breitling Emergency watch. The story goes into details about how the Breitling watch is a necessity if you are every in a life threatening situation.
So, exactly how can this Breitling watch save your life? Let’s take a closer look at the emergency feature of a Breitling Emergency Watch.
- Designed for pilots and aircrews
- Built in micro transmitter broadcasting on the 121.5 MHz aircraft emergency frequency
- In case of an emergency the Breitling watch will send a signal that rescuers can detect
- Complements an aircraft’s own distress signaling equipment
- Activated by unscrewing a protective cap and pulling out an antenna
- Broadcasts for 48 hours
- Has a range of up to 100 miles on a flat terrain and 20,000 feet in the air
- In 2009 the satellite transmitted signal will be picked up on the 406 MHz digital frequency including
- GPS and aircraft
- Flight Management Systems
But like JR says, don’t activate the Breitling Emergency watch’s transmitter unless you really are in a dangerous situation. There is a $10,000.000 fine if you are not in a life or death situation.